Friday, July 22, 2011

Our house, in the middle of our street ...


Paul and I are broke as all get out, but at least our home is coming together nicely. We plan to hang up more of his photos and my artwork (the one above our couch was taken from our trip to the Great Wall). There's also a definite need for more plants, shelves, and storage. Paul's grandfather build closet organizers for us, so we can utilize the vertical space in all of them.

We're really enjoying this place. Although it's located in the heart of downtown, we're surrounded by leafy canopies and Victorian homes, so we don't get the noise and pollution. A shrinking wallet from paying property taxes, hydro, mortgage, and credit card bills is a cause for concern though. Thankfully, I have Employment Insurance to tide me over until I get back on my feet. However, it's not enough to cover any extraneous expenses, like gas and groceries, which are coming out of my savings. I know my parents think I should go back to school and get a degree in something less risky, but I think if I can make it past this hurdle, I'm mentally prepared to live like this (that is to say, simply) for life.

No comments: