Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Familiar Territory

The communications director resurrected the company's internal newsletter and put me in charge as the editor after checking out my online writing portfolio. I'm responsible for collecting articles from all the global offices, editing them, and publishing the final copy. He says he's open to any ideas I might have that could improve the publication.

I will be working with a graphic designer to update the look and feel of the whole thing, something more akin to an industry magazine. Super excited and pleased with the amount of freedom he's giving me. My boss knows I don't have much to do when he's flying off to the four corners of the earth so he thought it would be a good idea for me to get involved in some long-term projects in film and TV. He plans to consult with the executives overlooking those departments. Works for me!

It's like being a salaried intern on a rotating curriculum. Better than school!

2 comments:

hbrennan said...

Nice to hear, Lily, and it sounds like it's just up your alley since your writing skills are exceptional...

Lily said...

Glad you think so :)