Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Weekend fun


Someone took this picture of me when I was visiting Paul on set. He says I play the part of the annoyed movie producer very well. Agreed. If I was on any of his shoots as an actual investor, I'd be hemorrhaging millions a minute.

It's a bit difficult for me to resist playing assistant director whenever I'm around cables and craft. Luckily for me, I've worked with the majority of the crew before so my directions were graciously welcomed.

"Why don't you conduct a rehearsal while the lights are being set up?" I'd say to the director. Or, "Let's block the scene," when I sensed that the talent was getting anxious.

It feels good coming back to do this once in awhile. I miss running the show and calling out, "Quiet on set!" and readying everyone for the shot. Paul is always tempting me to return, too, if only to work side-by-side with me (he's a bit of a romantic that way). He also knows that being an assistant director is just something I happen to do well rather than a profession I'd seriously depend on for income.

Which reminds me: Maybe it's time to quit the Directors Guild now that I'm receiving benefits from my current job?

No comments: