Friday, February 24, 2006

Muffin Top

A member of the university's faculty asked J.Lass's mother to recommend someone to give the eulogy at her daughter's memorial this upcoming Tuesday. She dropped my name. I agreed instinctively. Now I don't know whether that was the right decision. I've never attended any sort of funereal function. I don't want to sermonize in cliches. I hadn't had a serious conversation with the deceased since maybe April or May of last year. So why am I doing this again? It's simply too much pressure to believe I can adequately preserve her memory in a mere five minute speech. I can't do this, I'm still teething! Who am I to tell those closest to her to move on with my symbolic gesture? I want to be honest about our friendship without vilifying neither of our characters. What I have so far:

[REMOVED. FINAL DRAFT IN NEW ENTRY.]

No comments: