Monday, October 03, 2005

Kiss Off

"I don't need you to make me happy. I just need you to leave me alone when I am."

Who said movies were a waste of time? A diet of Julianne Moore is all you need when you finally make the decision to get out of an unhealthy fakelationship and need the right words to make it stick to avoid getting suckered into forgiveness again.

I just might add, "And right now, I'm happy. I will be for a long time."

***

God, I'm coughing like a chain smoker compensating for a lung. Please, stop the madness. I can barely concentrate on this essay I was supposed to start writing five days ago:

John Milton's puritanical leanings defined his life-long aversion to the Catholic Church. He wrote Areopagitica in 1643 in response to England's rigid licensing rules concerning published materials deemed unfit for popular consumption. Often regarded to be a seminal work in the field of journalism, Milton's defence of freedom of the press also calls for the removal of the papal powers. It is within the pages of this exhaustive polemic that an appeal to abolish "popery" appears. He summons phrases with grandiose connotations like, "unity of Spirit" and "bond of Peace" in an effort to pursuade his audience of this noble cause. Milton reasons that any omnipotent entity capable of quashing all other "religions and civil supremacies" ... is enough to make me snuggle up to a box of used condoms and stick my head up a cow's ass.

No comments: