Sunday, April 03, 2005

Wireless

I wrote the aforementioned spaz a letter and thumbtacked it to the employee message board at his workplace:

Dear Mr. [Wacko Spaz],

It has come to a complete surprise to me that I've offended you for calling your mother; I wasn't aware she was off-limits (considering I was never deliberately told not to).

According to my account of things, when I had asked you for her phone number, you replied (and I quote): "Not unless you have 300 dollars an hour." It didn't occur to me at the time that it was a means to bar me from contacting her (which I would've understood had your instructions been clearer).

Now as for how I eventually obtained her number. I spoke to Ms. [Auntie Spaz], like you suggested, and she was very generous with her time - and resources. She offered me Ms. [Mother Spaz's] number on the basis of "I'm sure she'll be happy [...] to talk to you about her son." So I instinctively followed-up, as per requirements.

Thank you for your time. And I hope to have cleared things up.


Sincerely,


Lily
[XXXX]

***

Single child. Figures.

No comments: