Wednesday, February 23, 2005

What's his story?

I witnessed a bum on the bus talking to his duffle bag as his hands shook from (and I speculate) years of alcohol abuse. Everyone tried avoiding him because he smelled like a dumpster and wore tri-toned, urine-stained jeans diluted in colours not unlike something you'd find in a Monet, Picasso or Matisse.

What is it that forces certain people to live the rest of their lives in the dreadful doldrums of despair, unable to cope with what transpired from a dare?

***

I can't believe someone bought the last copy of Murakami's Kafka On The Shore. Out-of-stock stores suck. Anyway, I ended up ordering it off Indigo's website along with Everyday Italian: 125 Simple and Delicious Recipes written by the gorgeous, Cordon Bleu-trained chef, Giada De Laurentiis. Thank Spago, the creatively combined ingredients are run-of-the-mill and apparently come together beautifully with little to no fuss. I'm really looking forward to testing this tome out (since I have nothing better to do with exception of reading 9 downloaded dissertations related to Brown & Levinson's politeness theory I took from ProQuest. Freebies rock!).

No comments: