Thursday, March 11, 2004

Black Eye

I stand corrected. Gave him a black eye. Now my diabetic dad is driving around in shades like Terminator III had the borgbot aged (and ate) poorly. Unless he's in the house and wants to gain sympathy, which I am privy to give. That's what you get when you fist fight nearing fifty.

Anyway. My sister brightened up my spirits today (a welcome surprise in MacBethian weather). She said her classmate's older sister, Alisha (sp?), knows me from school and gushed that I was, "... pretty, popular and has really nice clothes and shoes!"

Man, must pencil that in for future reference. It's flattering to know young girls whom I've never been formally introduced to (or even met, might I add) say such nice things about me.

Ah, that just gave me a sense of motivation to do homework. Must now type up an essay describing Edmund (from King Lear) as a machiavel. Dancing Bloomers says he's a Darwinist. I see her logic, but I think Machiavelli had a point when he classified human behaviour not as inherently strategic and manipulative (therefore, evil), but as a by-product of social obstacles.

Studies in Literature is really great. I like it a lot. It is the philosophy class I don't regret taking, unlike last year's summer fiasco.

Ooh, was also informed today I was nominated for "Most Uniquely Dressed." How do you nominate someone? How do you go about voting? I wonder who my competition is?

Think I'm going to go watch Once Upon A Time In Mexico instead. I downloaded the DVD-rip. Johnny Depp es muy caliente! But what else is new?

"It is a slow roasted pork (nothing fancy, just happens to be my favourite). And I order it with a tequila and lime in every dive I go to in this country, and honestly, that is the best it's ever been ... anywhere. In fact, it's too good. It is so good that when I'm finished with it, I'll pay my cheque, walk straight into the kitchen and shoot the cook."

He makes me question whether or not someone can be too cool. And dreamy, can't forget dreamy.