Thursday, February 05, 2004

Watched the Brazilian flick, City of God (Cidade de Deus), yesterday. Wow. That's all I can say. Intense, fearless, violent. It is definitely one of the best films I have seen in a very long time. I can't recommend it enough (meaning, I can recommend it enough.)

Today was the first day of second semester. Wow. That's all I can say. Boring, pointless, unnecessary. I fell asleep in class. It was that awful. The German and I talked on the bus on the way home. He told me to go to the mall with him. "For what?" I asked. "To help me pick out snow pants ... and underwear." He's so funny. We also discussed our friends (in a humourous fashion, as always.) I warned him about meddling in the guileful and discreet affairs of women after he said it was wrong of me to treat a friend of ours a certain way. I said, "If men weren't so stupid, we wouldn't be able to manipulate them." In which he replied, "But being a man doesn't necessarily relate to ..." "... being stupid," I finished. "I know, I know." We laughed over the whole ordeal because the technicalities and possibilities are just far too numerous. He is positively wunderbar ... most of the time. Heh heh.

A certain someone from my past (okay, last semester) has been trying to befriend me as of late. I liked him before I got to know him. Now he likes me after he got to know me. But sadly, I don't like him after I got to know him. Yet, he is now willing to make an effort to get to know me better. Is it wrong to not like someone (as much) because, well, the tables have been turned? Ah, absolute power corrupts absolutely. 'Tis, 'tis *sigh*.

Go see City of God. Nominated in Cinematography, Directing, Film Editing, and Adapted Screenplay at the Academy Awards this year (even though it was released in 2002.) Oh, it's just freckin' fantastic! I'm shuddering in ecstasy, so you know I mean business.

No comments: