Sunday, December 07, 2003

Am I the only one who enjoys reading dessert recipes? No no. Scratch that. Any sort of recipe. I don't cook. But man, do I love food. I mean, I have to literally pry my eyes away from the computer screen to stop looking through dishes I will never be able to make. Just thinking about it makes my heart skip a beat:

New England clam chowder
Veronese stonebaked pizzas
Curried crab
Szechuan noodles
T-bone steak and fries
Chocolate ganache
Chicken saté
Lobster Napoloeon
Escargo in seasoned olive oil
Mango pudding with condescensed milk
Fettucini Alfredo
Kebabs, fresh from the rotisserie grill, wrapped in a warm pita bread

I like to eat. It doesn't matter if it's exotic or homestyle, I just eat anything that's put forth in front of me. Soulmates are hard to find. But if you enjoy eating in foreign locales, testing the local fanfare, and Dior is your patron saint ... come knocka, knocka, knocka at my door.

Here's my point though. The holidays are fast approaching, and in recognition of bloggers publishing their wishlists, I will also join the bandwagon.

Although what I really need is a laptop for university, preferably an iBook, before I leave. But goddamn it, they stopped making them in pretty colours!

So please look at the following list. It is for anyone with deep pockets this Christmas. Deep pockets, for Lily, this Christmas:

KERNALS POPCORN
Because all flavour, no fat. Anything savoury. None of that pansy sweet shit. I'm a big girl now.

FANCY SCHMANCY CHOCOLATES
Because I love chocolates. Don't think I don't know what "tempering" means either. I watch FoodTV. I know what Jacques Torres does. So that chocolate bar better make a clean "snap".

UNLIMITED SUPPLY OF CHEESEBURGERS
Because I like my daily dose of meat in a handy, compact, size. Perferably Harvey's. I've grown close to that corporate conglomerate.

ORANGE JULIUS SMOOTHIES
Because they're delicious and I've always been impressed with their warped sense of size. Their "small" is not "small". Looking more Ruben Studdard than Clay Aiken, in the fastfood market.

HELLO KITTY VISOR
Because I want to look more Asian

STOLEN CREDIT CARD
Because I really want a shopping spree, like those mullet-teers from Style Court

HOBO
Because I can bathe it, and dress it, and feed the boozehound gumdrops and raisins. Then send it on its way, into the freezing cold, while feeling like I've truly helped the needy, as I fall asleep by the fireplace.

EASY MAC
Because you can never be too lazy.

GOLF CART
Because I will never get around to learning how to drive

MONEY
Because I'm a poor, begging, bastard

GISELE BÜNDCHEN'S BODY
Because you can never stop dreaming.

No comments: