Monday, October 20, 2003

Just got back 50 minutes ago from the Pearson Airport (Aeroport?). I've just returned from my trip to Europe which spanned ten countries and many cities in between. They were:

ENGLAND:
London
Windsor
Salisbury

FRANCE:
Paris
Versailles
Fontainebleau
Nice
Cannes
Reims

ITALY:
Milan
Florence
Verona
Venice
Rome
Savona
Pisa

GERMANY:
Trier
Bonn
Cologne

BELGIUM:
Brussels
Waterloo

HOLLAND (THE NETHERLANDS):
Amsterdam

REALLY SMALL COUNTRIES/REPUBLICS:
The Vatican
San Marino
Monaco
Luxembourg

Needless to say, a much more detailed account of my trip will be written some time in the near future (fingers crossed). However, I will leave you with a satirically written quote about journeys that might bring you some insight as to how my trip went. It's from Le Voyage by Charles Baudelaire:

We saw stars
And waves; we saw sand too;
And, despite many crises and unforeseen disasters
We were often bored, just as we are here.


Oh yeah, bought a pair of authentic GUCCI sunglasses. FLORENCE KICKS ASS! Just not when its citizens are trying to rob you.

Oh yeah, again. Met Omahyra Mota (the supermodel) at the Paris Eurostar train station when she was getting ready to check-in. We took a picture together. Then, I saw her the next day on London's Oxford Street looking through the window of ALDO with another model friend, just as I was walking out. My mom said she and I are fated to be together. I said that was stupid. I told her it was really a sign from the Great-Runway-Of-The-Sky trying to tell me to fulfill my dreams in the fashion industry (maybe in the advertising sector, but I'm still waiting for that sign to happen *hoping for a falling billboard ... a murderous falling billboard*). She rolled her eyes at me. I laughed, but really, I was crying inside. That is, until she bought me a jacket from H&M. Then it was alllllright.

No comments: